Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Good and bad

YO. Its been a week since I last blogged. And just deleted another blog seconds ago. Weird feeling flowing all over but it's okay.
Okay so what is good and what is bad?
For the good parts :
I have gotten a chance to cut off slough from a real patient. An 68? yo aunty from ward 6 hsah. It was astonishing. An amazing experience. It spikes up my interest in medicine even more. Like I finally able to conduct a "mini" surgery? (Does that even count as one?) HAHAHA

Bad: I accidentally cut off one of her spinal arteries. It was crazy. Luckily Dr Low, an HO, was steady enough to suture it off and yeah it stopped the bleeding. I got told by the doctor that if the bleeding does not stop in 10mins that patient could easily go into shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment